Multiple Issues with 3.1 Version

After installing the 3.1 update I have had nothing but problems with SGP:

1. Centering will not work…mount (Paramount MYT via TSX) does not move during centering but plate solving is working fine. I have reset all settings, redid my T-Point models and still no change.
  2. Camera will freeze (ASI294MC PRO) during focus routine and/or target/framing).
  3. Changes to equipment profiles are not saved after changes.

None of these problems existed before the update and I have uninstalled and reinstalled SPG and still no improvement. These problems are present with every session and restarting SPG has not impact on the problems.

I have none of these issues using NINA or TSX LTI so it obviously an issue with SPG. I’m really tired of wasting clear skies trying to figure out why SPG won’t work when other programs work perfectly. I have really liked using SPG until 3.1 but it might be time for a change to end the frustration.

Obviously you are free to do whatever you’d like… I have some thoughts on these issues. These are just guesses because there are no logs to go through.

Your sync behavior may have been set back to “Sync”. Paramounts hate this and want the Sync Behavior to be “Offset”.

We are no longer supporting ASI native drivers. We don’t have time to keep them running the way they deserve and ASI provides a perfectly viable ASI alternative. If you think for some reason that native drivers are required for you, NINA does support them so you may want to try that out.

Im not seeing this behavior.

Ken,

Thanks for the reply. I really do not want to stop using SGP, it is just really frustrating to have all these issue with the new release. I have already invested a great deal of time learning SGP and really do not want to start over if I can figure out how to address these issues. TSX LTI is a temporary option for imaging in the meantime as I can easily image unguided up to 1000mm focal length with my mount but I’d like to use my SCT as well and need all the benefits provided by a well functioning SGP session.

Regarding the centering issue, I have changed the behavior to be “offset” and still have the same issue. I had researched this issue and found this information and had hoped it would fix the issue but it does not.

As for the ASI drivers, I can try installing the ASCOM drivers but why would the camera work sometimes without issue but then suddenly freeze up. I would think if you were not supporting the native drivers the camera would not work at all?

Another issue which might be related to the centering issue and TheSkyX is that when I connect my equipment the mount seems to “struggle” to connect. By this I mean it takes a long time for the mount to connect and sometimes it does not connect at all I need to restart SGP and try it again. With previous versions of SGP it would connect immediately with no delay. What could be causing this behavior?

Thanks,

Tony

There are too many variables for conjecture. We would need to see logs.

My note was that we are no longer supporting native ASI drivers. This initial support was in lieu of an official ASCOM driver from ASI. Now that one exists, we can stop maintaining the native driver set and offload that to the camera manufacturer.

Not sure. We have a lot of TSX users… haven’t ever fielded this one before (or at least I don’t remember). Maybe the logs will show something.

Here is the last log file for reference…hopefully it’s some type of user error and easily fixed.

I think you attached the wrong log. That one only shows SGPro opening and then closing. In the Help menu, 415 has an option to “Open Support Request” that will open a log browser to assist finding the right log.

Ken,

Thanks for the help on this issue, I have been able to resolve all the issues and was able to plate solve and run the ZWO camera without issue. The connection to my mount (Paramount MyT) is still much slower than with the previous version but eventually connects without issue.

The only issue I seem to have is with the Autofocus routine where the autofocus dialog box will disappear after 1 or 2 focus exposures. There is an error in the top banner of the dialog box saying “Not Responding” and then the box disappears. Sometimes it will show back up after a few more exposures and sometimes it finishes the autofocus routine and starts imaging again. At no time does the autofocus routine fail, the dialog box just disappears.

Not sure if this is an issue anyone else has reported.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi there,

We will need more information to be able to help. Please send us logs, SGPro and OS versions and we’ll take a look.

More information here How to Submit Logs in SGPro - SGPro Support - Main Sequence Software

Support requests go in this category #sequence-generator:sgpro-support