My automatic start of SGP broken in betas

This is a small issue, that probably just affects me, but please bear with me! :slight_smile:

I have a custom made program that powers up all equipment and SGP after some timed delay. The program is also able to launch SGP automatically using “Sendkeys” .net commands. Basically I just send F5 to start the sequence, at which point SGP always complains since the telescope is parked. So then I need to send the “y” key to confirm “Yes” that I want to start the telescope. This worked really well in SGP 3.0, but is broken in the betas because that dialog that asks permission to start the scope doesn’t accept the “y” key for choosing the “Yes” option.

Could you please enable the keyboard “y” choice in 3.1 ?

Thanks, Mikael

Ok. The entire message box subsystem has been replaced in 3.1 and does not support this out of the box. I’ll see if I can quickly intercept key messages. If not, I will look at it after the 3.1 release.

In the meantime, it LOOKS like maybe changing “y” to “Enter” would get you by?

@gboulton Good point, thanks. I’ll try as soon as possible.

@Ken Ok. I thought it would be an easy fix. I can also find a work around by interfacing with the scope, send it to a start position far from any limits and start tracking before launching the sequence. So don’t spend too much on this. However, it would be really cool if you could include an command line interface (or even better via the API) the ability to launch a sequence in SGP 4.0 programmatically.

1 Like