New EQ6-R mount meridian flip issue

Last night using the latest version from December 8th, I ran into a weird mount cycling at the start of the meridian flip. The mount was trying, but it acted like it was hung up on something. I attempted to abort the sequence M 31, but SGP was in a process that could’nt be interupted so the only out was to hit the button on Eqmod to “Park the mount”, which it did fine and parked with no issues. Today, I uninstalled SGP and reinstalled. Tonight I began a sequence at about 6:15pm with a meridian flip due at 6:59pm. At 6:58, PHD2 reported guide star lost so I looked at the mount and sure enough, it was just beginning the weird issue. I hit the Park button on Eqmod and the mount parked normally. At 7:05pm, I restarted the sequence since the flip was not needed any longer and all was good. I am providing a Dropbox link to the log file from last night.

I would appreciate any help you might provide,
Greg

Video link:

Sorry, I honestly don’t know. EQMOD can be a beast to get working with SGPro. What I do know is that SGPro never attempted a flip in those logs. This makes me suspect it might be a settings issue in EQMOD itself. Safety limits, modeling, etc. Something that EQMOD might try to do as you near meridian.

Also, please see this: https://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/UsingEQMODwithSGPro.html

1 Like

Thank you Ken, you may have found the problem! I had “allow auto meridian flip” enabled in the Eqmod check box under driver setup which according to the link you sent me, that is a no-no! Recently I modified the “allow auto meridian flip” dialog in SGP to not wait for meridian flip and allow one minute past meridian to flip. So, my guess is Eqmod was attempting to flip on it’s own, and SGP was saying “don’t do that, that’s my job”!
I will try it out again tonight and will update either tonight or tomorrow.
Greg

1 Like

Success Ken! It was the conflict between SGP and Eqmod.Thankyou for pointing out that post and the video was helpful.

Greg