New profile for ASI1600mc

Hey all, I will soon be receiving a ZWO1600mc OSC camera and am creating a new equipment profile for this camera sort of in anticipation.

I used my current profile that I have been using with an ATIK 383L+ mono changed the name and a few settings.

So far I have the ‘estimated’ pixel scale, readout noise, and pixels width and height, also set ‘no filters’.

Also have changed the quiding settings due to I will be using a guide scope for now in lieu of the OAG I was using.

What other settings am I overlooking? If I got the pixel scale and chip size correct there should be no changes required to plate solving?

you can also consider the download times etc, which helps with better estimation of sequence length. You are best setting up a new PHD2 guider profile too and selecting that in SGP for your revised system.

Thanks Buzz, I already had a profile for the external guide scope/cam so should be able to use that.

As far as the download times I have no idea as yet that is one of this things I will have to wait till I actually have the camera in hand.

I was reading the manual section on equipment profile setup and noticed in there that a few of the fields such as pixel scale, etc. would be ‘automatically’ updated upon a successful plate solve. Is this true?

Perhaps it is true but I have never noticed it before, however I did notice that my camera angle had been set to 15 and I don’t recall changing that.

The new camera arrived and I have been putzing around with it a little but am confused about something.

When you click on the settings button I get a ‘simple’ dialog box asking for default gain and offset.

Is this correct?

How does one change those ‘on the fly’ if you wanted to?

Another quirk is that the sequence status does not seem to show. I have the download times set (wow is if fast). But no elapsed time or remaning time shows.

For anyone in the future…

Okay I figured it out finally. I had chosen the “ZWO” camera but you need to select ASI camera in my case it was ASI(1). While choosing the ZWO camera it still works the gain and offset options are limited. Choosing ASI camera lets you specify a specific camera and opens up several gain / offset options.

The elapsed time thing was always there I was looking in the wrong place. Since the sequence did not have a start / end time it was not displayed in the bottom ribbon.

This is not entirely correct. The ASI ASCOM driver manages the gain/offset through their driver and you have limited access to those things in SGP. However if you choose the ZWO Camera (our native driver) then you can set Gain/Offset at a per event level. Something you can’t do with the ASCOM driver.

Thanks,
Jared

2 Likes

Ah many thanks! I saw that you could set the gain level per event but it did not seem to make any difference, also noted that the offset was greyed out.

Thanks again I will try the ZWO drivers.

One more question, in the fields for the binning gain is it important to put some numbers in those or just leave them blank?