New to SGP and cannot auto focus

Hello, I’m new to using this software. I just purchased it and it’s my first clear night with the new software and new mount. I’m having a problem where I think that the autofocuser is disconnecting after the first focuser move. Perhaps I should have tried the trial before purchasing the software.

Here is a copy of my logs.

@christopher.corkill

I can see in your logs where it happens, but I don’t have any insight as to why. Since I know SGPro works very nicely with Lynx and focus boss, I am guessing that it might be an issue with USB, a USB hub or the power supply (I had a problem with my power supply being loose in the socket). Whatever it is, I can see in the logs that the focuser is actually reporting that it is no longer connected. The focuser ASCOM logs would provide the other side of the story.

True… most go this route, but rest assured, we offer a 30 day, no questions refund if you don’t like SGPro for any reason.

1 Like

Thanks so much Ken for the reply! I’ve purchased many softwares and they usually don’t work. I know that SGP works because one of my friends use it and we have similar instruments. Perhaps him and I should get together soon.

As for the USB connection, I’m directly connecting the FocusLynx hub to the computer using their supplied “usb ethernet” cable. If SGP suggests that it completely disconnects, then perhaps I should request a new cable or have them look at the box as well.

Thanks,
Christopher

I would definitely look at the power connection as well. My Focus Boss would lose power intermittently, just for a second or so and it would disconnect (and still appear as though it was on).

Yup looks like either your device is loosing power and shutting down or maybe a bad cable/connector. I’ve seen focus controller seem to be on (light on) but in fact the power to power the led was coming from the USB cable.

Hello Drew! It turns out it was the computer. FocusLynx and certain atom processors aren’t compatible so I took the computer back and now have an i3 processor.

Thanks for the help. This topic is resolved.