New to SGP. How to begin displaying live view images

So, I just acquired SGP. I have been able to connect to my camera, the ZWO 1600MM-COOL. I am able to turn cooling on and off. So we are talking. So now I want to verify that I can see light (or dark) through the camera. I want to set up the frame rate, gain, etc. and show a view window in SGP. Not clear to me how to do that.

thanks,

Tom

Use the Frame and Focus module. Select exposure time and press Start. It will run a continuous loop at the set exposure, download and display the image in the main window. To set camera settings, you have to press the tool icon next to the camera driver dropdown. It’s usually greyed out when the camera is connected so settings have to be changed before connecting the camera.

Be advised there is no ‘Live’ view per se. Also, I have the same camera and time to download/display will be about 5 secs per frame with image history analysis off, using the ASCOM driver and connected to USB3. Not a big deal for imaging but certainly not live, compared to Sharpcap or Firecapture.

Ciao,
Mel

Thanks Mel, So obvious now. Not so much before.

The 5 secs delay per frame could be an annoyance while focusing, but should be serviceable.

Tom