New to SGPro/CCD Imaging

I am new to the whole Imaging and using software to image. I decided to start with SGP to learn the whole process and hopefully take some good pics along the way. My question is about the target list import. Can you import a mass list of targets so you can just select from a drop down rather than have to decide what to image, go and export that location, import and then load?

I’ve only done it manually or using the framing and mosaic wizard.

You can import a list of targets from Astroplanner or Starry Nights and then select from that list in SGP.

If you’re just starting out I would pick a single object and not attempt to throw a ton of automation at things right off the bat…you’ll be fighting with other things like guiding and alignment anyways :slight_smile: don’t make it harder on yourself! You’ll be automating multiple targets and meridian flips before you know it…but get the fundamentals down and then start adding things in. I wouldn’t even bother with plate solving right now.

Now is a great time of year for targets. Orion Nebula, Pleiades, Andromeda…lots of awesome and large targets are up right now which area great to start with. Also clusters are great for starting out as they are generally easier than DSOs.

If you haven’t already check out the tutorials in our help file. Also check out the “first week” of SGP tutorial found at the bottom of our support page:
http://mainsequencesoftware.com/support

Jared