Newbie and Wifi Scope

Jared:

Well the problem went away. I changed out a usb-serial converter I had. For some unknown reason that thing seems to be the problem. Why some of the commands would work and other wouldn’t is beyond me. I will say that converter had a known weird thing with this mount before, but I didn’t think it affected routine comms. And every other thing I did with the mount over it worked…but not that. New converter all seems good.

So, I guess this is a closed problem report.

Thanks,
Wes.

Hi,
I followed the instructions. It connect no problem. I can even do some movement maybe for 1 second via Safari Pro 6 but then a window comes up saying the there is no movement from the mount.
When I try to connect again, it says that while it was able to established connection no movement was detected.

• The mount is not park
  • I can move the mount via the ASCOM interface (Synscan Mobile telescope) using synscanPro.
  • I tried with the Telescope simulator, same thing.
    I do notice on the traffic that it says Listening… 192.168.1.24 Clients:6. but only one client should be there.

Hope you can help. Safari Pro is important to me.

Michel

Hi;

I have a bit of a follow up on new findings.

• If I select “Set date and time” on safari, the connection is established but an error comes up that the mount is not responding.
  • Once you get this error, it doesn’t matter if you check off the date/time and stop and re-start the wifiscope app. The same error will come up.
  • When connected, the “center” info does go Pink.
  • The only way to get the connection back is to terminate wifiscope, restart and connect via safari Without the set date and time.
  • I also separated my 2.4 and 5 ghz router and made sure that everything was on the same one. It made it more responsive (all 5 ghz, not sure if it makes sense).

Hope this helps

Michel

The documentation for SGP has some better recommendations here:
http://mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/TelescopesMounts.html

Essentially you should generally leave Set date and time set to Off. Also you’ll want to use the LX200 GPS variant inside of SkySafari.

Thanks,
Jared

Jared
New user here, I have tried numerous ways to connect from SkySafari on my iphone via the wifiscope sequencer. I have selected the scope type meade lx-200 classic, equtorial goto germany mount.
where in safari can i give permission to connect. Above in the Red frame settings/ setup. and how to turn off Auto -detect skyfi ? i don’t see the outlay in my Sky Safari Plus.
when test the connect, message: sky safari 7 plus can’t make a wireless network connection to the scope. Make sure you’ve joined it wi-fi network, entered its IP address correctly and give sky safari 7 plus permission to access your local network.
please help
Thank you