Night Vision

Does SGP have a way to get into Night Vision mode, red screen.

If it doesn’t then sounds like a good thing to do on future releases.

Ray

SGP does not currently have a “Night Vision Mode” and we almost certainly won’t be adding one in the future. Just for the simple reason that it is not system wide and only helps when you’re in SGP. If you flip over to PHD, open some other application and then poof…bright white light!

There are better solutions like red acrylic (exceptionally good but somewhat pricey, but this is what I use and highly recommend)
ScopeStuff

And rubylity on film (cheaper but not as optically clear)
http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_redm1.htm

Thanks,
Jared

The acrylic is best but for a software solution try this: KnightVision
Put it in dim read and turn down the brightness on your screen. Not bad for a free solution.

Thanks for the tip, DesertSky. As a new user of SGP last night I was surprised that I could not find a night vision mode for it. Now I know why. I went to MaxIm DL and used it to turn on Night Vision mode and then SGP was in Night Vision mode also. Disappointing that SGP does not have its own night vision mode. And, incidentally, I have been using PHD2 for some time and it is not a problem in night vision mode, so I am unsure what Jared is referring to.

The Night Light mode in Windows 10 works great. It can set the screen to full red!

I didn’t like what the Night Light mode provided, so I created my own theme. See attached PNG file and theme file if you want to use it. Instructions for installing:

1. Unzip the files
  2. Open Windows File Explorer
  3. In the Address Bar, paste this and hit Enter: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
  4. Copy the theme file to this folder
  5. Open Settings / Personalization / Colors
  6. Change to dark mode
  7. Scroll down to High Contrast Settings - click
  8. Turn on High contrast settings
  9. Select Astro-Red theme file
  10. Done!

Astro-Red Theme.zip (307.7 KB)