Nikon D7500 connection issue

I’m new to SGP and Astrophotography. I downloaded the trial version and have had various successes and failures, mostly connecting my Nikon D7500 camera.

I have 3 Nikon cameras; D7000, D5600, and D7500. I can connect the D7000 and D5600 without any problems, but when I try to connect the D7500 I run into a problem.

When I select the D7500 in the Settings list, the camera doesn’t connect every time, after about 30 seconds it times out with an error, “Failed to connect to Nikon Camera. Ensure that no SD card is in the camera and reattempt.” Then, “Connection Error. Error connecting to Nikon!” If I try to connect a second time the camera connects. If I then disconnect the camera and try to reconnect a third time, after 30 seconds I get the above error. If I then try to connect a fourth time the camera connects within 5 seconds. Is seams the camera errors on odd number of attempts and connects on even number of attempts.

I did some experimenting and discovered that if I select “Auto Connect” from the Settings list, my camera connects every time within 5 seconds. While examining the log file, I noticed that when selecting “D7500” from the Settings list, SGP tries to load NikonLibs\Type0022, but when “Auto Connect” is selected SGP uses NikonLibs\Type0021 and connects every time. I hope this helps to correct the issue.

I really like the program, although it is not easiest to conquer (just so many things to remember and check).

Thanks, Henry

Equipment:
Sequence Generator Pro version 3.0.3.140
Nikon D7500
CEM25P mount
Explore Scientific ED102mm Scope
ZWO ASI120MM Guide Camera
Toshiba Laptop
Windows 10, 64 bit

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll check that out. We generally recommend using Auto Connect unless you have multiple cameras connected.

Thanks,
Jared