Nikon D7500 connection requirements

I use SGPro with a Nikon D7500 and for a long time it would never connect first time, though would second time (I’ve seen another post along these lines). The camera isn’t uniquely used for AP - I occasionally use it for other stuff.

Recently when trying to connect it wouldn’t after any number of retries. I proved it wasn’t cables, USB hubs etc, and also discovered other programs (digiCamControl for example) COULD reliably see it every time. I had previously “thought” I’d established the camera needed to be set in various modes before it would connect - e.g. I ‘thought’ I’d worked out it had to be in MANUAL mode, mustn’t be left set for bracketed exposure etc. But clearly those settings weren’t enough.

Somehow, I currently have the camera set up in a mode that … wait for it - connects first time every time !!! I’m reluctant to touch ANYTHING on it (or use it for other purposes) in case I change a setting that mucks it up again.

My question is … is there a list of settings SGPro expects to see the camera set up for before it will recognise it as a valid camera and connect to it?

Thanks.

There is not. Any input you have will be useful. We only have one Nikon for testing and these required settings seem to vary by model.

Ken, thanks for the reply. I have two Nikon cameras - a D7500 (which currently seems to match Type0021.md3) and a D5100. I’ll investigate what I can. Can you provide any info on the Nikon MD3 files, or the interface you’ve implemented to interact with them? Cheers.