No autofocus for first frame of sequence after filter change

Hard to explain in the heading.

When I start a sequence SGP automatically does an autofocus with the Lum filter. Then quite often the first frame in the sequence will be with the Ha filter.

Well it does the autofocus just fine, then spins the wheel to put the Ha filter in place and takes off running the frame with no focus even though I have AF on filter change checked. The Lum and Ha are not parafocal close but not quite.

Then later frames after a filter change it does do the AF routine just as you would expect.

Well it is still doing it. I even tried turning off “Autofocus on sequence start”.

Tonight a target was to start with the red filter. Mount slewed and centered with the lum filter swapped to red and just started imaging.

Before when I had AF on sequence start it would AF with the lum frame, then on the target start switch to the red filter and just start imaging even though I have AF on filter changed selected.

It never runs autofocus for the first series of frames ?

A minor issue but if I don’t catch it the whole first series will not be focused.

Are you changing the settings in the equipment profile or the control panel?

If you already have a sequence open and change settings in the equipment profile, the changes will not affect the current sequence, unless you explicitely apply the profile to it. They will only affect new sequences.

You can change settings for the currently open sequence in the control panel, but the changes will not be carried over to any new sequences you create, since they get their settings from the equipment profile.

Changes were made in the equipment profile and applied to the sequence.