Notes and thoughts on the 3.1 Beta We Are About to Post

I will put this stuff in the release post as well, but I wanted to create a post where folks could reply.

We were on the fence about the aggressiveness of the scope of SGPro 3.1 and honestly about which things should go in 3.1 and which would get moved to 4.0. Ultimately, we decided to add a lot of work to 3.1 because it is less about new features and more about core expectations for SGPro… things that SGPro “should” do. We are not retracting any previous statements about 3.1… just adding some stuff. Here we go…

• Change: The target display window (upper left of sequencer) is now bigger… don’t get too excited because the text has also gotten bigger so it’s easier to use. Displays ~7 targets now. We will experiment more here in the 4.0 beta.
  • Change: SGPro now opens sequences of ANY SIZE very fast… finally.
  • Change: SGPro should now be able to support an unlimited (well… very large) number of targets and maintain a reasonable memory footprint.
  • Change: The target settings icon is not visible until you move the mouse near the target list. Grants more display area to the target name.
  • Change: Moved sequence time stats to the bottom of the sequencer window (may not stay here).
  • Fix: Copy events to other targets is now BLAZING FAST.
  • Fix: Shutdown on unsafe will no longer disconnect equipment when you are using “Restart on Safe”.
  • Fix: Fix crash when not using load last sequence on open.
  • Fix: QSI cameras now write correct local and UTC times in the FITS header.
  • Fix: Issue where target setting icon would display off edge of control.
  • Fix: Issue where the last target in the list might not be selectable.
  • Fix: Issue where some sequences, immediately after loading were flagged as needing save.
  • Fix: Recent sequences was broken if you were opening the last sequence used.
4 Likes

This is now available for test. I think the in app updater is still, busted, so grab it here: http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Releases

Hi Ken,
I get the following error when trying to load an existing sequence with this beta. Worked fine in .232:
SGP_Error

Ah, OK, I can fix that fast… gimme a few minutes

Ken, great update!

When SGP is loaded it re-loads last sequence but the ‘framing wizard’ images of that sequence is gone? Is that normal? They re-appear if I re-load the sequence again.

@entilza

No, that’s a bug. I’ll look into that. These updates made a lot of changes in sequence load… there will probably be small things like this. All of the core functionality seems solid though.

No prob! Glad to see all this development on SGP lately :slight_smile:

1 Like

@joelshort

Fix for that is up… 3.1.0.242

1 Like

Works! Thanks for the quick fix Ken, and I love the changes. The sequence does indeed load a lot faster.

1 Like

Mmm…very nice.

Currently working on a mosaic with 6 targets, 7 events per target. Can confirm…loads MUCH faster. Nice work!

You mean where they’ve belonged since day 1? YAY! :slight_smile:

Yep…all appear to be fixed.

Great work, gang!

I’m getting the following errors in 3.1.0.245 Beta

SGP%20Error%201

SGP%20Error

Profile attached

CEM60_ES127_ASI1600_1X_ONAG - Copy.zip (3.4 KB)

Afterwards, program opens but unable to apply any of my equipment profiles to the sequence. How do I recover my current equipment profiles?

@hxpi

This has been addressed and a fix will be available shortly.

Hi Ken,
The last used sequence opens up on start and it had the profile associated to that sequence. However when I do anything within the program such as the Framing and Mosaic wizard the sequence loses the profile and I have to re apply the profile to the sequence.
The other thing is that SGP does not get anything from PHD2 and the sequence aborts. I then resume the sequence and all is ok.

Ken,

I thought that you stated in your preview of 3.1 that there would be some improvements to the AutoFocus routine in 3.1 prior to a bigger fix in version 4. Did this change? Was anything done to the autofocus?

Chris

This has not changed. Nothing yet. One thing at a time.

Still hoping for any help on this one I posted a few days ago:

Can a demo user utilize the beta versions as well? Thank you.
Chriss

@skyshooter

I will respond to the SBIG CFW in that thread…

For most betas, including this one, yes.