Optec rotator and SGP

OK, it’s still running away. i also upgraded all the way to 2.6.1dev11 just to see if there would be any differences (had been running 2.6.1dev7). attached are logs from dev7 and dev11. i think i followed your procedure exactly except in one of the runs on dev11 i think it was looping when i rotated the rotator. subsequently i went back to 0 degrees, checked that the guiding was still working, then stopped guiding, rotated and started up again.

rob

Rob,

Thanks for the logs. I found the problem. The “Reverse sign of angle” setting in the brain got broken several releases ago when we refactored the brain UI. For those of us who had already had the correct setting and did not need to change the setting, the problem had no effect and went undetected.

Here’s a fixed version to try: http://openphdguiding.org/phd2-2.6.1dev11test1.exe
It’s just the PHD2 executable, so you’ll need to save it as phd2.exe in your phd2 install folder, ordinarily C:\Program Files (x86)\PHDGuiding2\

If you could confirm that it fixes the problem, then I’ll release it as 2.6.1dev12.

Andy

thanks! i will try it tonight. somehow we’ve had a run of fog-free nights, which is pretty lucky.

rob

argh, i jinxed it. we’ve got high clouds but with some luck they will clear in the next hour before i have to go to bed.

i caught a break - seems to work. i replaced the binary, then checked that the calibration was still good. then i ticked the “reverse sign” setting and rotated by 90 degrees and it’s guiding fine. didn’t even have to recalibrate!

thanks for fixing that!

rob

Great, glad to hear it is working now.

The fix will be in the next PHD2 dev build, but you can keep using that one-off build until the next release is ready.

Andy