Paramount and 10micron SGpro suitability

Thanks Buzz for clarifying that , sorry about missing a zero …I was replying via my phone :flushed::crazy_face:. It really got me worried when I saw the star shape . I thought OMG what have I done :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:. Feel a lot better now :clap::clap:

I understand about manufacturers claims and they have to be taken with a pinch of salt. I’ve now committed to getting a myt as it’s all paid for just have to wait for a couple of months for stock to arrive.

With regards to astrodon…the reason why their quality control has dropped is probably due to them having been taken over and hence the price increase. I’ve also been informed they are increasing the prices of their filters even further

Thanks for all the comments and sorry if it’s gone off Sgpro topic but hopefully all this post will help others wanting to upgrade their mount and still use Sgpro
:+1::+1:

To bring the thread to a nice conclusion, once collimated, the RCT was producing this, courtesy of SGP/TSX/PHD2/MX

1 Like

Awesome :+1::+1::+1::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

On Astrodon filters: apparently they have never manufactured their own filters. They buy them from Chroma who actually manufactures them and sells them direct at significantly lower prices than Astrodon charges. Before Astrodon was sold, they had a strict requirement with distributors, such as Optec or Highpoint, to never disclose this.

UPDATE: checking the latest on-line prices, it looks like Astrodon and Chroma are priced the same. As of a week ago, Chroma filters were as much as about $100 cheaper.

If this is true, it would explain a lot of the problems people are seeing with ad filters. According to Don, he stated to me that he personally inspects every filter that goes out. The above would seem to contradict that.

I’d certainly be interested to know more about this too. I have Chromas in one camera and Astrodons in another. We can get both over here in the UK. There is a slight price difference in favour of the Chroma. If they are identical filters then this would certainly be useful info.

Hi Gnomus,

To date, no one is refuting this information on the CN forum. That speaks volumes as the new owner of ad filters placed a reply on that paticular CN post. He was just offering to clean filters for those that recently purchased ad’s. I’ve stated that the problems still continue and they really need to recall the existing inventories. One guy recently received a chipped filter. So what gives?

Letting customers buy these things, then have to ship them back to correct problems is ridiculous. Shipping and insurance cost $$ for thousands of dollars worth of filters. The new owner is turning a deaf ear to these requests.

Having experienced the poor service and product from Don, I think he needs to confirm or deny the connection with Chroma. If the filters are/were made in that facility, that would be the likely source of problems.

Mark… LTI is a technical preview of ths skyx. Its a liighter version of theskyx. Its designed fot tablets or laptops. It contains an option for meridian flips. Look on Bisques website under blogs to get more info.

Roy

Hi Roy you’ve got me confused buddy…I’ve never posted any questions about LTI :flushed::joy:

Thanks Gunny. Interesting.