Park at end of sequence with EQMOD

Can someone help me get my scope to park horizontally (parallel to ground) at the end of a a sequence instead of vertically, please?

I have an EQ6-R in a permanent setup, with EQMOD. I have a custom park setup in EQMOD, called “OK to close roof”, which parks the scope in the orientation I want it, and this works fine when I manually select it. However, when my scope parks at the end of an SGP sequence, it parks in the more traditional vertical orientation. How do I get it to park in my custom orientation?

Thank you,
Chris

EQMOD has its internally defined park positions, but those are not exposed to other software like SGP. But, there is an ASCOM set park function that will do the job for you. In SGP, go to the Telescope tab under the control panel. There is a “Set Park” button down to the left, which will define an ASCOM park position that will be used when SGP issues the park command.

I also use EQMOD, and with a horizonthal park position as in your case. And I want to be able to park/unpark to this position from both EQMOD and SGP. So I first defined the position in EQMOD, then I parked the telescope to this position using EQMOD, and finally I hit the Set Park button in SGP. This way this park position is the same in both software. However, if you want to change it this procedure will have to be repeated.

I think this question has come up several time on this forum. You should find more information by searching for “EQMOD park” on this forum.

Good luck!

Mikael

Mikael,
Worked perfectly first time. Thank you.
One thing I did notice is that function is available at the control panel level, but not the profile level.
Just pointing this out as something to watch when creating new profiles.