Parking a Mesu 200 (Sitech)

Its not the slightest bit helpful when you are having a problem and people pipe up that they have it working perfectly well thank you. … I’ll chime in now as I can add something.

I’ve not had any issue with park with my Mesu and I can confirm that mine is parking well below my horizon limit as set in the Sitech config menu without hitch.

1 Like

You are quite right Sara. :grin:

At least you know that parking below the horizon limit shouldn’t be a problem

I know. It’s odd isn’t it? I wonder if it might be a combination of Sky Model and horizon file? I am going to try the script from Buzz but I am in Berlin at the moment so won’t be able to do anything much for a week or so.

Incidentally Sara, do you get the 10 second delay before parking? And do you have your mount set as SiTech or POTH?w Also, I think you may have a newer version of SiTech than me. I cannot check mine right now, but can you tell me what version you are on?

Hi gnomus,

I use both CGEM and CGE-Pro mounts and when I initiate the park I notice this 10 second or so delay before the mount moves. I assumed this was a normal behavior. Maybe SGP is doing some house cleaning to ensure everything is in place before telling the mount to park. I don’t think this delay is specific to the Mesu mount.

Mark

Hi Steve,

Yes I do get the 10s delay, but don’t usually notice it as I’m in bed!! I use my mount as SiTech. I am on the very latest SiTech version that Dan linked to in the SGL thread and also I’ve just updated to the latest beta SGP as I was getting cheesed off with the non centering after the flip and that has now been resolved :slight_smile:

Good. Pleased to hear your flip issue is resolved. I should probably download that SiTech version.

OK - an update. There is still a problem with Parking my Mesu in SGP. I noticed this last night when I let my ‘Parked’ scope cool down for an hour or so prior to imaging. I switched on the mount, but did not connect it. It became clear that the scope was tracking, despite it having been parked (in SGP) the night before. Of course, I did not notice this until I tried slewing to my target and the mount was so far off that Plate Solving failed (or at least I gave up once the count went over 1000).

So I tested this morning. If I park in SiTech then the scope parks and, when I power it back on again, it stays parked. If I park in SGP, the scope moves to the park position, but, when I power on again, it starts tracking immediately.

Buzz: I loaded your script into Maxim and when run from Maxim, it parks the scope and it stays parked after I power it on again. I could not see how to run the script by itself within SGP. However, I asked SGP to run it as one of the End of Sequence actions. It was during the day so I couldn’t really do very much, but the script appeared to do nothing whatsoever within SGP. I don’t know if that helps with troubleshooting.

I’ve downloaded 2.6.0.22. I played around for an hour or so. The mount parked and unparked reliably in SGP. It also seemed to park immediately, without the 10s delay. I will keep testing, but so far a significant improvement. Thanks for implementing this.

1 Like