Pegasus Astro FocusCube connection

I have been trying to use the above focuser with SGP for some time now. I have had issues with the device randomly disconnecting from SGP for no apparent reason and also on occasion not finding it all. Often the disconnection happens in the middle of a run so the focus is miles off and because the system still thinks it’s connected, my focus position numbers are way off making using any focus scripts useless. I am using it through a powered USB hub and am not sure whether this causes issues. I have also heard that there may be conflicts with PHD? Any suggestions appreciated, Steve.

Hi Steve,
I don’t have a solution for you but just to comment that I also have the FocusCube and connect to it via a powered USB hub. I’ve used it on about half-a-dozen imaging sessions so far and not had any problems at all. I’m also using PHD2. Nothing special about the hub, it is an old Belkin 4 port unit, but the only other device connected to it is the mount so only low bandwidth devices.
cheers
John

Steviemac500, did you get this problem worked out yet? I ask because I am thinking of buying the Pegasus FocusCube for my rig.

Greg

I run it through it’s own USB port which seems to have fixed the problem.

1 Like

I use the FocusCube too! All seems to work fine, except SGP does not recognize the thermometer. The Pegasus software recognizes the temperature fine, but SGP says temperature is not available.

On the ASCOM site, there is a “Conformance checker” tool:

https://ascom-standards.org/Developer/Conformance.htm

You can download it and run it against your driver. If at the end you get the message:

everything is OK with the driver. If not, you should contact the developer. Or you could ask the developer about his test results.

Kind regards,
Horia

It’s been so long with bad weather, I’ve not been able to open the observatory. Likely, I will test this the next time I’m there.

Best regards,

Charlie

I have the Pegasus Focus Cube too, but have no issues with the temp probe. I did have a usb issue, but a cable replacement cured that.