PHD2 Calibration with Manual Rotator and using OAG

Hi,

I am using an SBIG STT8300 with integrated guiding filter wheel. I am shooting a target where I need to change the camera rotation from what I would normally use and would like to use the Manual Rotator to help with this.

Normally, I calibrate PHD2 early in the evening and then allow it to adjust guiding parameters as dec changes. If I use the Manual Rotator, though, I will need to recalibrate. The only way that I can see to automate this is to enable the option to recalibrate after every target change. Is there another approach that I am missing?

Many thanks and regards,
Craig

No. You will need to stop guiding and clear the cal on PHD2 (I think). Then when SGPro starts PHD2 back up, PHD2 will auto calibrate.

I would also suggest that you explicitly calibrate on your own after you rotate the camera. I think it is better to be in control of the calibration rather than let it happen automatically. This will allow you to validate that you have a good calibration and more importantly, if your target is at high declination, you may need to slew to a lower declination to calibrate.
Andy

Okay, Thanks for the suggestions @Andy and @Ken.

We have been able to image for the last six nights in a row at OkieTex. Some nights better than others, but all viable.

Amazing how much easier it is to become more comfortable with deploying new features when you have a number of consecutive nights that don’t involve setup and tear-down.

I appreciate the quick responses. Keep up the great work.

Craig