PI XISF Format

I noted that the PixInsight team is starting a new image format initiative. Since many, if not most, imagers use PI for processing, I thought it might be of interest to the SGP developers. If you are already aware of this, please ignore.

XISF Format Information

1 Like

Ditto. I’m a little surprised they didn’t coordinate this so it was included with the capture programs.

We did see this; though there seems to be quite a bit of unrest in the replies. Before we go through the effort to comply to this spec we will likely see how this plays out. PI won’t discontinue support for FITS any time soon.

1 Like

Yes, I noted that but suspect it is just a (probably misplaced) concern that fits will be abandoned. I really doubt that is the case, probably more a matter of better features for amateur imagers using PI. I would bet this will be clarified soon.

I exclusively use PI for my processing. I don’t really have a strong feeling one way or another about the new format, but if it’s the way PI is going to go then I would greatly appreciate SGP supporting it also.