Here is the official release candidate for the planning and altitude tool set:
Click the image to see the full UI
- Altitude lock: The red arrow shows the UI for toggling the altitude locks for start and stop. When altitude is locked, start time will vary in order to meet the request.
- Altitude Time Link: Blue arrow. When the link is solid, it indicates that the altitude and time are linked. Because these two values may diverge when an unreachable altitude is requested, this icon will show a broken link to indicate the time and altitude have diverged. Attempting to start a sequence in this sate will generate an error.
- Day / Night indicators: Green arrows.The light colored areas indicate daylight and the gradient accurate shows twilight. In this way, any “black” area on the graph should be suitable for imaging.
- Solar planning data: View exact dawn, dusk, sunrise and sunset times.
- Lunar planning data: View phase, illumination and exact rise and set times
- Options to toggle certain viewable elements of the graph in order to avoid clutter.
You can adjust target start / end times by using the numeric and date controls (even while the graph is open) or you can click the graph. It’s pretty flexible and, with it, you can:
- Set target start and end times (from target settings), as normal, and see what altitude those times correspond to. This does not need the new visual aids. It works just by updating the times in the form.
- Set target start and stop altitudes and see what times those altitudes correspond with. This does not need the new visual aids. It works just by updating the altitudes in the form.
With the new visual aids, click on the “i” next to the “Location” section, you can:
- View target ephemeris graph showing the target altitude, over time
- View capture time markers:
- The green dot shows start time / altitude
- The red X graph shows end time / altitude
- The vertical white line is “now”
- The shaded green area shows the time frame for which this target is allowed to capture
- You can now left click on the graph to select a new target start time
- Right click on the graph to select a new target end time
- View errors and warning associated with current settings
- No lat / long set error
- Target has an invalid location error
- Desired altitude is below the horizon warning
- Desired altitude is low warning
- View the target’s next transit time and altitude (+/- 2 min)