Plate Solve aborts only if manual center first

I’m fairly new but have been using SGP for several months . I upgraded to 3.1.0.0.405 yesterday and found that if I do a manual “Center on target” before starting the sequence, when I do start the sequence which includes centering prior to capture, the mount slews, then the Plate Solve screen pops up briefly and closes immediately without capturing, and I get a pop up saying “Plate Solving failed! User aborted.” I didn’t abort it. Then the sequence immediately starts capturing without regard to the failed plate solve.

If I start a sequence without first manually plate solving to center on target, the plate solve at the beginning of the sequence works fine. So it appears there’s something about manual center on target that prevents the auto plate solve from working at the beginning of the sequence. This problem only showed up with this latest version, it used to work fine as I described.

I’m using an ASI1600mm Pro camera with a CGX mount.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry, didn’t think to add the log. The exact wording of the error is “Auto center failed! User aborted.”

Using Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop.

Thanks

I had exactly the same issue last night. I manually centered on the target, due to some cable issues and then resumed the sequence. The message “Auto center failed! User aborted.” and then the sequence continued as usual.

Telescope: iOptron CEM25P (latest firmware)
PC: Windows 10 Pro (Intel i7) NUC
Camera: ASI183MM Pro

Issue happened around 00:02 hours.

The Logfile link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiJtNazoGA2vgp0cyeRoxPTe__rxHw?e=XG3tBU

Thank you.

Ok, Thx. I didn’t test this scenario and some of the centering routine has changed in order to make sure it can’t block the sequence from moving on. I’ll take a look.

Ok. Thx for the report this will be resolved in 3.1.0.406.

1 Like

Thank you Ken, much appreciated!

Sorry, I just posted the same thing. This is the exact issue that I have also.

1 Like