Plate Solve crash

So I have used SGP and PlateSolve 2 for about 2 years at focal 600mm, shooting and solving all night long, never had a glitch.

Lately I built a wide field system of 135mm of focal length, and each time I try to plate solve, PlateSolve 2 fails to solve and then crashes, with a windows message poping up and telling me the program did crashed.
Then SGP passes the image to solve to ansvr for blind solve, the image solves without problem, showing that the “hint” passed to PlateSolve2 was indeed correct, and things continue their course normally.

So any idea why I would have 100% of crash with this system only, and how to fix it? I attach the relevant part of the log.

Thanks!

GR

platesolve2fail.txt (17.0 KB)

I’ve noticed the same problem when I try to use 135mm lens on my Canon T2i. I believe it is related to the large fov.

When I want to use the 135mm lens I just change the primary platesolver to ANSVR

I had this using a 16mm lens. There’s a property in PS2 which helps, IIRC it was to uncheck the Precision solve checkbox. Once that was done they solved with no problems.

Thanks for the answers. I unchecked the precision solve checkbox and I am happy to report it solved the problem: just got a complete night with my 135mm without crashing PlateSolve2 yesterday.

It works also to my with a Canon 100mm