Plate Solve/Pinpoint/GSC fails

I have a fully registered version of Pinpoint, and when I use Catalog Checker (Pinpoint) and point to D:/GSC it says the catalog is good. When I do this in SGPRO and try a plate solve it says:

Failed to plate solve image (Solver catalog paths are brokedn… repair in the plate solver’s setting …

In the GSC folder are two folders: gsc and tables. If I select gsc I still get the same error.

So my question is how do I get SGPRO to use Pinpoint and GSC?

I think the problem is SGPRO calling the PinPoint Engine API. From other software I have written, you have to set two properties:

Catalog - this defines the reference catalog to use. I want to use the UCAC4 catalog and so this value should be ‘11’. Since SGPRO does not ask for the catalog I suspect this is the error.

Catalog Path - this is used to point to the location of the catalog (specified above) on disk. SGPRO does ask for this, but without the first parameter being set, this would fail.

How does SGPRO specify the catalog to the PinPoint engine?

I found the problem, there are two places the catalog path must be set, a) in the Control Panel, Plate Solve under settings, and b) in the Tools, Equipment Profile Manager, Plate Solve. I had changed (b) but not (a). When I changed (a) it worked.

You may want to checkout this link to understand the relationship of a Profile and Sequence (Control Panel):
http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/UnderstandingProfilesFAQ.html

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks Jared for the heads up … I read the faq and still found it a bit confusing but will reread it again.