Plate solve solution in FITS file

This is probably not within the scope of SGP, but I thought I might mention it. Since there is a plate solve after centering would it be possible to write that plate solve solution into each subsequent fits file that it taken at that position? I totally understand if this is not within the bounds of the mission of SGP, but I thought I might ask just in case.

Thanks, Ed

The location data should already be getting stored in the FITs file from your telescope and data from the control panel (arcseconds, etc). So this should already be happening.

Thanks,
Jared

Right, I know that, thanks Jared. My application is AAVSO VPhot.It requires a plate solve solution not just the location data. It has a built in PinPoint engine for plate solving based n reported position, but sometimes this fails for one reason or another.I thought that if it was easy to port the plate solution that might be a nice addition but admit that it may not be worth the coding time.
Ed

Sorry, didn’t see this feature request and put in a duplicate. The issue here is that the mount is not always listing the right location, and this becomes more sensitive as your FOV gets more narrow. When importing the images for astrometry, it would be very nice to have the plate solved information over-write any info the mount put in as it is more accurate. My mount can be 1’ off from where it thinks it’s pointing even after a solid alignment. After the ansvr solves the images, and the option is listed to use it as the sequence location, it would be awesome to have an option to write the RA DEC to the header of each image in that sequence as well. Thanks!