Plate solve2 issue

Hi,I’ve been using plate solve2 successfully for a long time and all of a sudden, with the same sequence it starts to fail (as I’m at the winter star party of course). I have tried everything (checking and re-checking settings) and letting it go a full 1500 regions and still, no solve. Usually I had it set to 200 regions and it solved well before the end. I downloaded the blind solver so that I could blind solve locally without internet, and was able to get plate solves. I have never had a situation with SGPro where I couldn’t figure something out, but I am stumped here… I’ve tried both libraries of plates for solving, APM and UCAC3 with no difference in results. In fact, when I look at images many times, the image seems to be centered on the screen, but plate solve2 will not give me a solution. Some things I checked and reschecked (image scale, focal length, libraries installed and good, tried longer exposures, rotation settings). One thing I will note is that i tried manual rotator for the first time, but tried both on and off, but never seemed to do a thing. I will note that I updated SGPro just before traveling to Fla for the star party… Everything else worked well.

Here are links to my last log file (solving on ic2177) and sequence file. It usually works for me so well, I am totally stumped. Please provide guidance.

Log:

Sequence:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZtU6AZg2GL8C2qg9MtCxgR47xUTfCBnO

In this sequence log you should see the stanard plate solve fail and then blind pass… it doesn’t have to move far to center. I have other logs I could send with the 1500 region fail, but am guessing you’ll figure out what’s going on from my last run.
Time for initial plate solve is around 7pm on 2/22/20. Again solving on IC2177. Am using a Atlas Pro mount with AP stowaway with reducer (492mm focal length). Camera is ASI1600.

Thank you,
Terri

You seem to be having mixed results. Around 7pm, there is a PS2 failure and at around 9pm for the same target, it is successful. The only difference between the 2 solves is that the hint supplied to PS2 is more accurate.

I don’t recall it ever passing but given the timing I suspect this was a restart after clouds aborted the sequence. It would have been perfectly centered already. How close does it have to be to work? I’ve never experienced such issues. In all cases of failure I could see the target in the field of the solve exposure so entirely within field. I even resorted to doing multi star alignment to the point that stars would be centered.

In terms of hints, I do not enter hints do I? Assume blind solve will update hint as to where it is, and the first hint should be the target. Am I thinking of this correctly?

Thanks
Terri

Mostly. SGPro does not infer the initial hints… it always grabs them from the mount. This means that most start the evening with a blind solve and sync.

I terms of how far off you can be… I cannot recall off hand the “error to regions” map for PS2. I think you were about a minute off in your initial hints though.