Plate Solving fails (forced frame dimentions)

Hello!

I’m testing SGPro 3.0.2.91 with azimutal Meade LX200 and some cheap CCD camera. The positioning is not so good as it should be, the field of view is about 20’x15’ and sometimes the object is on it’s border.
The catalog for plate solving is APM. When I just run PlateSolve 2.28 or 2.29 and import the pre-saved image file it’s solved succesfully using initial coordinates truncated up to minutes for 6-10 iterations when starting parameters FOV is set to 10x10 arcminutes. These options are saved, since they are the same if I run PlateSolve from SGPro profile manager or from the installation directory. When PlateSolve is started by SGPro there are 43x35 arc minutes and I believe THIS is the reason platesolve fails after the limit of 100 iterations (because if I interrupt it, set 10x10 and start again it solves; image is OK I’ve checked it). I already saved 10x10 settings, but seems SGPro forces it’s own values. How to disable it?

I wrote a small code that gets command line parameters, replaces the 3rd and 4th parameters (frame dimensions) and passes this command line to an original Platesolve2 executable (now renamed). Unfortunately, another errors appeared.
Step 2: Slew to reference frame fails with an error in the logs:

[DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] ASCOM Telescope: Error in Slew : The slew failed for some unknown reason. (System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The slew failed for some unknown reason.
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object args, Boolean byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String namedParameters)
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object providedArgs, ParameterModifier modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String namedParams)
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type parameterTypes, Object parms) in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 443)
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type parameterTypes, Object parms) in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 483
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.Telescope.SlewToCoordinates(Double RightAscension, Double Declination) in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\Telescope.cs:line 1027
at qr.j2(TelescopeInformation A_0, String& A_1)

I renamed the PlateSolve file back but this error still persists.

UP. How to pevent SGPro forcing wrong dimensions?

Hi
Not sure if it will solve your issue.
The focal length of your telescope seems to drive those 2 parameters.
In me experience I initially configured SGP with the correct focal length and plate solving worked every time successfully in a matter of seconds
I then added my other scope and forgot to indicate the new focal length. Plate solving failed every time. When I discovered the error and set the correct focal length of the new scope, PS worked back again like a charm.
My 2 cents
KR
Rodolphe