Plate solving - slew works, centre fails

Plate solving used to work without fail, now its failing most times. The initial slew to a target works fine and I can see the target in the centre of the image. I’ve got my error set to be within 15px. The first try might show an error of say 12px then the scope gets nudged and the error (moving in both RA and DEC) might be 50px which of course fails. It then moves again but by only one or two px and so keeps failing. After 5 attempts I have to pause the sequence and try again. It’s just taken me over 40 minutes to get it to plate solve and continue the sequence. Why it finally succeeded I’ve no idea. Strangely after a meridian flip it works withing two or three attempts.
I’m using version 3.0.3.151
Anyone had this problem and found a solution?

15px is pretty tight for most mounts depending on your image scale. I typically use and recommend 50px. If 15px was working previously I’m not sure what would have changed to make it fail…but it could be something as simple as balance with that tight of a tolerance.

Jared

Thanks, I’ll give that a try on the next clear night. Most unusually for the UK we’ve had a run of 5 clear nights but they are over for the time being.

Robin