Plate solving will never work

I am trying to solve the image [you sent me] through Framing and Mosaic.
The same one I used Cntrl-i to open - which platesolved ok.
Thought it should also work through Framing and Mosaic??

Is this the problem?? Hmmmmmm.

I’m not sure what this means…?

For the Framing and Mosaic Wizard you should be able to click the “Browse” button and it will use that image to determine the center of the image to fetch. It will also draw a blue box around the bounds of that image:

I’m not entirely sure how your’e trying to solve it. Or what your intent to solve it with the Framing and Mosaic Wizard is.

Thanks,
Jared

Jared…

I am confused. So that is my position. I was trying to bring up that image you sent me and thought I had to do it through the mosaic program. I guess that must be wrong.

Patience.

The Framing and Mosaic Wizard won’t do any solving. It uses data stored in the FITs header to figure out where your image was taken.

Here is a video that may help explain it:

Also there is a nice tutorial written by one of our users:
http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/content/SGP-The%20First%20Week.pdf

Thanks,
Jared

I just ran plate solving again and it failed but I am wondering what/what the log is saying. What does it mean when it says the frame is missing??

at qq.gm(o8 A_0, List`1 A_1)
[12-31-17 18:14:05.081][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] SGM_CAMERA_PLATE_SOLVER_CAPTURE complete…
[12-31-17 18:14:05.106][DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Auto center verification frame complete. Plate solving image C:\Users\ve1drg\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Temp\plate_solve_image.fit
[12-31-17 18:15:02.440][DEBUG] [Main Thread] PopulateDataModel: Transferring view to the data model…
[12-31-17 18:15:02.492][DEBUG] [MF Update Thread] Performing serialize…
[12-31-17 18:15:05.572][DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Failed to plate solve reference frame because it does not exist. C:\Users\ve1drg\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Temp\plate_solve_image.fit
[12-31-17 18:15:05.573][DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Adding sequence level notification: Failed to plate solve reference frame because it does not exist. C:\Users\ve1drg\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Temp\plate_solve_image.fit

I have attempted to solve the same frame, no iussues at all. Are you using platesolve2? did you link correctly databases?

(i start figuring out the simplest things first)

It is definitely saying your image does not exist in the directory pointed to. Have you checked this?

I am puzzeled. But not given up yet. Lets see what another day of searching
brings.

Can you walk me through, step by step what you’re doing and I’ll see if I can reproduce the behavior.

Thanks,
Jared

I think I may have solved the platesolving issue.

I can bring up an image in the moisaic utility and a right click with plate
solve it.
But its when I try to run it through a sequence that it fails,

Reason is there are no stars. I am using simulated values and therefor SGP
will never be able to platesolve soemthing it can’t see.

If I am wrong here, please let me know.

That’s correct. Depending on what your simulator outputs the plate solver will not likely be able to solve it.

Thanks,
Jared