Plate solving with Elbrus

Hi everyone,
I don’t know what i do wrong, but i can’t simply wrap my head around plate solving with Elbrus, is there PLEASE some recent step by step tutorial 101 for complete idiots like me how to actually set and use plate solving in SG pro? I don’t mean download and install that was easy , but actual use in the software ? I found one tutorial and its from 2012 and it show old SG logo and totally different screen for plate solving, new one doesn’t have none of the old one and i just CAN’T figure this out. Thank you for any help!

i’d say elbrus is pretty well depreciated and you should be using PlateSolve2, which gets installed when SGP is installed. as long as you set the plate scale in SGP and point PS2 at the index it needs, it pretty much just works.

http://mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/SequenceGeneratorPro.html?SettingupPlateSolve2.html

rob

Rob is correct. Elbrus is no longer supported in SGPro. It was only left in to allow folks that were using it some reasonable amount of time to transition to another solution.

Rob,Ken
Thank you very much for this info, i ll look at PlateSolve2 and see if i ll be successful this way.

Martin