Platesolve Issue Again

I have out of blue a Platesolve issue with one of the two active targets. The other target solves just fine but the other one not. The bad Platesolve starts with Platesolve finding the target immediately but looses it after the first nudge. After going to the recovery mode it can either fix the issue or not, I’ve seen both. At the beginning of the sequence it was able to recover (not sure if it was Blindsolve which did it or what) but around the midnight, after a normal autofocus routine I guess, the solve didn’t happen anymore. Also and I have not noticed this before so maybe this is correct but when I look at the solve parameters, UCAC3 catalogue is chosen, not the APM. Is this correct? The other thing I noticed yesterday was that the solve was extremely slow. Not sure if this was a connection issue or what but it wasn’t normal for sure.

Earlier in the evening when this happened I updated to the latest revision but that clearly didn’t help.

Any thoughts and thanks,

Mikko

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.451
.NET: 4.8

Forgot to mention that even after the target is “lost”, I can see it’s still centered so it’s the program which things that something is amiss.

• Mikko

In the logs you sent, the failure to plate solve started after an approx 2 hr gap. Around 21:40, it is solving fine and around 23:40 is is failing. The mount is still reporting the same RA and DEC at time of failure so it seems likely here that something has caused the mount’s true position to drift away from where it thinks it is pointed and thereby, invalidating the hints. This is not terribly abnormal and is literally what the blind solve failover was designed to correct. Unfortunately, in your case, the sequence is set to recover with the blind solver, but yours was not running (on 127.0.0.1:8080 at least). We should probably add a sequence start check for that.

Thanks Ken. At 21.40 it was solving fine the first time and then as said after a nudge didn’t on screen seem to find the target. At 23.40 as far as I can tell the target was still there.

I’ve been wondering this before, how do I check if the Blindsolve is working?

• Mikko

I actually added an automated check for this yesterday. In the meantime, just open this in any browser: http://127.0.0.1:8080/api/config If it opens to a settings page, ANSVR is running, if there is an error it’s not.