Platesolve2 declination hint not taken

Sorry for no log file, I ragequit before the log file can be used.

Time: 1800-2000 ish. (9 attempts in this time period)

Platesolve2 would attempt to center my target. It would fail to solve because the declination was displaying as 0 for the hint, despite that being 45 degrees off the target I chose in the mount handset. It blind solved to find me a center point, 3 degrees in dec from target location, near spot on in RA. It then spat out an error saying my declination was off by -7918.3, and tried again. The platesolving process got me absolutely nowhere, because despite having solved to a declination of 42 point something degrees, the platesolve2 interface decided to start the image from a hint of declination 00 00 00. It worked fine two weeks ago, when I last took the equipment out, any suggestions?

If anyone thinks they can make use of a log file, request and receive, but I think this is simply a mount communication issue. I won’t have clear skies to test for a bit, but do you think avx mount firmware upgrade will help? Maybe try a proper star alignnment?

Night 2: It appears maybe my telescope position isn’t updating. This may be the issue. Suggestions?

I would think that the declination would be changing pretty much no matter what. But it is likely worth doing at least a single star align and giving it a shot. Make sure your lat/long/date/time are setup correctly in the ASCOM driver as well.

Also a log would be helpful if you have one.

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks for replying, Jared. Following your suggestions, it was fixed. If anyone has a similar issue to mine, at least for Celestron mounts, a firmware reboot in the mount seems to be all that is needed. A star alignment before the target also helped me.