Platesolve2 does not solve, local ANSVR works swiftly

Hello,

I’m using SGP 3.0.3.140, with a Celestron EdgeHD 8" on a Celestron CGEM DX mount. As platesolver I’m using Platesolve2 and have installed ANSVR local Astrometry.net. My Camera is a astromodified Canon EOS 700D.
I tried many pictures taken live or saved on disk but non of them worked with direct platesolving. All of them can be solved in no time by the blind solver weather online or local, it doesn’t matter.
Please find one test.fits picture and the log-file in the dropbox-link.
Many test make me think that I have a very simelar problem like this forum.

I would appreciate any hint. Thanks in advance

Gunter

log and sample picture:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/apbuotqmlno4cb7/AADTbiJRuRPwqGOq99v9CgnTa?dl=0

I’d like to add more detail.

1. loaded test.fit pictures and

2. Camera-Settings (data from persolving by online Astrometry.net)
    2CameraSettings

3. Platesolve2 parameters

strange is, I can not switch to APT catalog??

1. Platesolve2 failed after 3000 regions

5.blindsolve succeeded in 8 s!

On the opposite one picture loaded from somewhre in the Internet solves without any trouble:

first a blind solve to determine the right coordinates and the scale

after that a PlateSolve2 run, and success.

But it will not work with my own files, why?

please advice

Gunter

Hi Gunter

Might this be a parsing issue as your image scale entered into the camera tab uses a comma separator instead of a decimal point?

Have you tried typing in 0.41 instead to see if it works?

Barry

Hi Berry,
Thank you for your replay. But my SGP is set to German conditions and so also to comma. Actually I tried the decimal point but this fails immediately.
But I will give it a try again because there might be an error somewhere in the code for the German localization.

ggtux

Hi,

I gieß I have found a Solution. I had to adjust the Platesolve2 parameters for Min and Max Star size, both to 6. Physically it doesn’t make sense, but solves all my pictures taken with DSLR. Later I have found this here:
http://aptforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=727
I will give it a try later tonight.

By Gunter

Hi,

I got it, works with slightly modified platesolve2 parameters like in the link above.

Gunter