Please Help, SGP 3.1.0.431 will not start on my win10

Please Help, SGP 3.1.0.431 will not start on my win10

I have experienced this a few times, over the last 6 months, but never before this and on 2 different computers, I can’t get SGP to start. When I click the icon I get a blue spinny thing for a couple of seconds then nothing. When this has happened in the past I have uninstalled or rolled back to previous version and it has worked…

What is strange, I was imaging just fine last night for a few hours and decided to move target and also do another polar align, so I disconnected my Celestron mount from SGP, but left other equipment connected. I went to the mount, did another polar align. Then reconnected SGP to the mount. At this point, things went wrong.

The mount would not move via SGP, having experienced this before, I went to disconnect all the equipment to reset my laptop, but SGP just hung so had to use ctl, alt delete and force the close. After unplugging USB and restarting my laptop, I could not restart SGP.

Tried all of the following:-
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.
Restoring my laptop to the previous day, windows did not work doing this
Tried this - SGPro stopped working on Windows 10 - SOLVED - Sequence Generator - Main Sequence Software
Tried reset through the command line.

I am now stumped, one last thing and not sure if this has anything to do with it but I keep my profiles on my one drive so I can access them from my work computer and any changes are global.

Link to Logs

<Can’t open SGP>

Useful Info

Ver: <3.1.0.431>

We haven’t ever encountered this on 3.1 so I’m not sure. As a matter of fact, a big part of the changes for 3.1 were to address startup issues.

So, to start let’s get some information and try a thing:

Hi Ken,

Thank you so much for your reply.
Tried your suggestion, of deleting in Main_Sequence_software, had 15 versions since 3.0.03, this didn’t work
.Net is version 4.7.2, just checked and this is the latest version
Managed to view the logs with your help, thank you, it pointed to Ascom, so repaired Ascom 6.4 and this has worked.

Appreciate your help.

1 Like