Poll: SGPro, Webcams and your super-expensive gear

I think the functionality of a webcam, or compatible to be of more use in planetary imaging and being able to store the video files. It is the only reason I have not wiped Maxim DL off my PC.

Well, agreed on that. That is also my #1 on the wish list…

I have used a foscam pan tilt ip for security and every session, i have said to myself, it would be great to have a small webcam interface implemented in the session browser… I really hope this will be a reality, so i dont have to run a ton of seperate windows!

/Daniel

Same for me Daniel. With the Foscam software it has to be full screen or nothing - but to grab it into the SGP window would be ‘magic’.

An advantage of the Wanscam software is that you can resize the window to a corner of the screen so it’s fairly unobtrusive - having it in SGP wouldn’t make much difference. It would be a different priority if your only option was viewing the camera full screen.
…Keith

I don’t use the wanscam software but Synology’s security software for recognition and recording (much better support for apps) and that is sadly much more than a window to open, in my case, a small integrated video feed would be awesome.