Possible Bug/Omission SGP 2.6.0.21

I watched SGP close down and disconnect equipment at the end of a run tonight. It more or less confirmed what I thought about a previous night’s run - log attached for the night of the 9th.
When all complete, SGP instructed the mount to park - no problem. It instructed the dome to park - no problem. Just recently I changed the park position for the dome and now I find the mount parks sooner than the dome. When SGP now disconnects the equipment, I find that the dome is still actually travelling to the park position. When it reaches the park position it cannot report ‘Parked’…nothing is connected to receive that info. Thus when powered up for the subsequent session…it has an error in the actual position that requires resetting by rotating to the ‘home’ position.

I am not sure, so I ask here…

1. Does Ascom actually require that ‘Park’ is reported to the controlling software?.. and if so…
  2. Should SGP not look for it (or at least determine that the dome is not moving) before disconnecting at this particular time?
    Link to log: Dropbox - File Deleted
    Times to look at: 22 11 51 Park instruction given and 22 12 22 Dome disconnected…but probably - like seen tonight - it was still moving to park position.

Took a look through logs here and I think that just blocking the sequence until the dome reports it is done moving should solve the issue here.

Thanks Ken. I note that the camera does not disconnect until the warm up is complete…so I think it logical that the dome does not disconnect until the dome completes its move.

We’ll see how it goes if you make any changes … and I’ll be sure to let you know.

Ken…just one other consideration comes to mind because of what I saw happening tonight. Before the dome is instructed to park, is the instruction ‘Slave to Telescope’ withdrawn or annulled.

At the point where I manually ended the sequence tonight…the dome actually got to its park position before the telescope got to its park position. Then the dome took off again…and followed the scope to its final position.
(I have the log if needed…but only SGP log).

(It is my fault that these things are showing up now :blush: I used to park the dome aligned with the scope…now I send it 180° opposite just so that a solar panel I have on the dome catches the morning sun. Overall what I have mentioned in this thread is not causing me any major problem…but, my guess is that you would also like to tidy the ‘little things’ that show up from time to time.)