Pre & Post event connect/disconect equipment

Would it be possible to create a pre and post event option to allow the connexion of all equipment as an automatic one step process when a sequence starts? The reverse, the disconnexion of all equipment after the mount has parked would also be of great help. I use a timer to turn on power and I have to manually connect equipment in a two step process at the beginning of a sequence and when my mount is parked by an event such as sequence end, horizon limit et al., the power will shut down at a designated time. Unless I leave the power on or am physically present, the power will shut off while equipment is still connected. Having a connect disconnect option as part of a pre/post event would help with unattended automation.

Thanks,

Gord

SGP will automatically attempt to connect to all selected hardware when ever “Run Sequence” is clicked.

As for disconnecting we’d have to add this functionality.

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks Jared. This would be very helpful!

Cheers,

Gord

You can also activate the “disconnect all equipment” at the end of the sequence:

disconnect

@Jared
Would be nice to have that as a profile option.

Kind regards,
Horia

Thanks! Learned something new. If this disconnects after the last event that could do the trick but, perhaps, being able to set this as a post event would keep things cleaner. I also like your suggestion about having this as a profile option as it would be something I would routinely set for each imaging session.

Cheers,

Gord

Horia, I’ll have to test this but perhaps you already know if the disconnect equipment occurs before or after any scheduled post events? For example, if I set a post event to Park will this option disconnect the equipment before or after the Park takes place? Just curious as you can include a post event after target Lights complete to Park then complete the sequence from the Parked position with Flats and Darks before, presumably, the equipment disconnects.

Thanks again!

Gord

Gord,

From my experience, the equipment will be disconnected after the post event action of the last event. I do not know what happens if the last event is a Flats or Darks event as I never have those as part of an unsupervised sequence.

Edit: The disconnection also happens after the cool down time of the camera.

Kind regards,
Horia

Thanks Horia, I’ll give it a test tonight.

Cheers,

Gord