Preview each photo

Hello,

I need know where is the option to disabled the preview for each photo take in the sequence, I detected in my computer (not fast) take 5 to 8 second by photo.

Thank you,

Leandro

There is no way to disable showing the image once it is captured. The best you can do is to disable the Image History which may be taking some time to compute some metrics.

Thanks,
Jared

Hello Jared,

Thank you for the information, I have disabled all the option take time in each photo.

Maybe in the new version is possible add the option to disabled the preview each photo, during the night in automatic process nobody see the screen and my situation (slow computer) I lost time to take more photos.

Best regards,

Leandro

I’m using a relatively slow 1Ghz stick computer. The image display is almost instantaneous if the history is turned off. If you are trying to squeeze the maximum number of images into any period, disable dithering and keep guiding going.

Hi,

Yesterday I made the test only with the camera (not mount, guiding, etc…) and I have disabled the history.

In the bar of status (right) display download image, when finish display preview image, the time to display is almost 5 to 8 second by photo.

Depending on your camera the “downloading” may or may not be accurate. It is likely not accurate for most ASCOM cameras because we have no way to know when the download actually starts or ends or when the driver actually downloads the image.

Thanks,
Jared

Rapal - what kind of camera and computer do you have? Most of the CCDs are under 12M but if you have a 36Mpixel SLR and a really old PC… My QSI camera is quite slow on downloading - about 14 seconds at bin1. There are faster modes but the quality suffers.

I use CCD QHY10 and the test made yesterday Nikon D600 in one Lenovo laptop, the download is between 18 to 20 second, all the time I use Bin 1X1.

My test not have mount, guiding, …nothing, only the camera connected.