Problem using %cg and %co in file naming

I am having a problem getting the gain and offset values to show correctly in my image file names. It is interrelated with ZWO ASCOM and native drivers. I’m using an ASI 071 Pro camera.

If I just try including the %cg and %co descriptors (what are these things actually called?) while using the ZWO ASCOM driver I get something like “gain_NA_Offset_NA” in the file name. If I switch to the native ZWO driver I can get “gain_90_offset_NA” (my gain is set to 90).

I understand that in the ASCOM camera driver standard, Offset is not available. Yet somehow, along with gain, it is being set and used by the camera in actual operation.

If I use the native drivers, and go into the individual event settings, there is are fields in which I can set gain and offset. I can then get these values to show up in the file names.

These values can be set in an equipment profile for camera, or in advanced settings for camera in a sequence. But they do not propagate down to individual events, and if “not set” in an event, they do not get the from the profile.

This seems odd to me. If the parameters are set, the values are known, and the %co or %cg descriptors should be able to access the information. I know too little about SGP to declare this to be a bug, but is sure seems quirky to me.

Does anyone here understand this behavior and can explain the logic behind it? It would be much appreciated.

I started a thread on this topic on Cloudy Nights. The conclusion was that this did seem odd and I should take it to this SGP forum. So Here I am. An here is a link to the CN thread:

Oops - that should have been %cg and %co in the title.

Dan,
What version of SGP are you using?

Thanks,
Jared

Currently on 3.1.0.153, but I saw it on version .151 also. I’ve only recently started trying this so I don’t know if it occurs with earlier versions.

3.1.0.153. I see the same behavior on version .151.

thanks,

Dan