QHY10 Slow Cooling

Hello,
I have QHY10 Cooled CCD camera. I notice cooling the camera is very slow compare to EZCap software provided by QHY. Here is what I see.

Temperature Setting to -15C

EZCap can reach this temperature easily in a minute or so. SGP take more than 30min and it get to -14C instead of -15. EZCap actually reached -17C, so camera is capable to achieve this temperature. I tried to set temperature by using set button or use cool down with connect -15C in 1m setting. Cool down with connect sequence finish in 1 min but won’t reach -15C. It was like 7C.

Even I pre-cooled with EZCap and switch to SPG right away, SGP report much higher temperature and won’t cool quickly.

Anyone use QHY10 with SGP? Is it cool down quicker than 30min? Does SGP has limitation how fast it cool down camera?

I understand manual stated slow cooling is better but I feel more than 30min is too slow.

Best Regards,

Hiro.

What version of SGP are you using? Version 2.6.0.23 had a problem with QHY cooling.

Thank you for the information. I’m using 2.6.0.23. Do you know which version work with QHY10?

Thanks,

Hiro.

Any version but 2.6.0.23

Thank you for your quick help.

I will try that.

Hiro.

I would rephrase this to “2.6.0.23 exposed an issue with how the QHY ASCOM driver handles cooling”. :slight_smile:

But yes, any other version should work as we poll faster and the QHY driver relies on the temperature polls to actually cool the camera.

Thanks,
Jared

2.6.0.21 was the last version that worked OK with my QHY10.

I tested 2.6.0.22 and it has issue. 2.6.0.24 Beta works fine. Good to know 21 also works.

Thanks,

Hiro.