QHY16200A - are they good with SGPro?

Hi there, I’m planning on getting the QHY16200A with 7EFW
are QHY drivers ASCOM/Native good with SGPro?

I have that exact setup. The ASCOM driver works fine.

Thanks @stinerjohn
Do you know the download speed of 1x1 binned image? I read somewhere it’s 20 secs? Is that true?

It will be the same as in any other application (SGPro does not perform the download, the ASCOM driver does this…)

My 1x1 images generally take slightly longer — about 27-28 seconds.

@Ken sorry if I sounded like questioning the app, SGPro is great I’m totally haply with it, that’s why I’m making sure the drivers are working properly. But for the download part, I was comparing the download speed with Moravian’s, I’ve read that it’s download speed is 9 secs only.

@stinerjohn Ouch, that’s a lot.
Thanks

I have the Moravian Mark II camera and the download speed is about 10s. Previously I had the Mark I and the download was 30s.
As Ken mentioned the download speed has nothing to do with SGP, but is dependent on the camera and drivers.

I did not think you were taking SGPro to task, but “make my camera download faster” is a not-so-uncommon theme in support requests. There is often a misconception that we can make this better or faster and we cannot. Because of this, I make sure to note it… because, in the near future, somebody will search this forum for “Slow download”.

What we can do (and will do in 4.0) is tear down all of the things that happen between frames and streamline those. But… for download time, it is what it is or, possibly, the driver’s author can find somewhere to optimize.

Another confirmation that Makes me turn away from QHY andd Atik.
But the QHY low profile is really a big bonus here.

Moravian + external filter wheel + G3 OAG is 61.5mm
This is somewhwt longer than a lots of telescope’s back focus requirements.

But with QHY its 54.5mm

I feel ya @Ken and I’ve seen those threads before too.

I actually adapted a QHY CFW3-L (and QHY OAG-M) to my Moravian G3-16200M. I had to make a 5mm custom adapter that bolts onto the camera face and then the filter wheel bolts onto the other side. With this configuration my total backfocus is 54.5mm.