QHY163M disconnects under 2.6.0.23's Frame and Focus

With my QHY163M and the latest 2.6.0.23 version, when I loop (clicked ‘start’) in Frame and Focus, my cooler disconnected and it shows “Error capturing during frame and focus”.
Then I need to restart SGP in order to for it to work again.
sg_logfile_20170525233555.txt (51.7 KB)

Please help, thanks!

Jon

2ND PROBLEM: After a night of capturing 96 light frames, I enable another event in the same sequence to capture my flats, but the TEC cooling temperature returns NA, and I can’t get start my sequence because the right temperature cannot be reached.sg_logfile_20170525234801.txt.zip (145.4 KB)

@cbphoto

The internal error that SGPro is reporting is:

[05-25-17 23:37:59.382][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] ASCOM Camera Error : CheckDotNetExceptions ASCOM.QHYCCD.Camera ImageArray Get System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.

This either means that:

• There actually is not enough memory on your system to continue so the driver issues an error an quits.
  • Or… in the release of 2.6.0.23, we failed to compile it in such a manner that it is sensitive to large addressing needs. I’ll check this shortly.
1 Like

Sorry I don’t have a log, but I have noticed similar behavior with my QHY163M. For me a crash will happen when looping frame and focus exposures, after a couple of minutes. Changing the USB speed in the ascom driver didn’t seem to make any difference. I’ll see if I can replicate and send a log.

1 Like

Ken, this problem did not happen when I used v2.6.0.21, and v2.6.0.17 with the same computer. So may be it is the compiling as you suspect…?

How do I know if there is not enough memory on my system?

@cbphoto @joelshort

I checked out 2.6.0.23 and it does seem to support large memory addresses (required by larger format cameras):

So… it seems like something else is amiss here. A memory check (the maximum amount of memory that a process can allocate varies by OS), can be completed in the Windows Task Manager app. When you receive this error, before closing SGPro, right click the task bar, choose Task Manager then find SGPro and then see how much memory is allocated to it:

A memory leak could be the cause here… if SGPro or the driver is not cleaning memory up as it goes along, that number will increase over time. A simple increase in this number is not enough to definitively show a memory leak, but it’s a start. If this error happens after some number of frames have been captured successfully, this is also another indicator that the process may be collecting image memory.

I’ll take a look at the TEC stuff shortly.

Ken, thanks for your help.

How to reproduce this failure
Looping F&F at 8 seconds intervals with Enable image history checked.

Observations

1. In F&F, CPU will peak to 100% when Analyzing Star Data, and then drops back to normal < 50% when capturing the next frame.
  2. I even got a windows pop up saying that SGP has stopped working:

Log: sg_logfile_20170527124014.zip (81.7 KB)

1. SGP doesn’t seem to crash in F&F if I un-check Enable image history (i.e. disabling star analysis).

Please help…