QHY9m: low download speed not available

I am currently struggling with a image problem on my QHY9m frames and I was told to switch over from normal to slow download speed.
While waiting for the next clear night, I generated a new set of bias frames and timed a download time (slow mode) of aprx. 22 sec.
While imaging a (test-) light frame, I recognized that the time for a single download was around 12 sec. (seems like “normal” speed).
I could not find any according setting and I also tried installing the latest ASCOM driver and of course the latest version of SGP. I tried to uncheck the “use high speed” for frame and focus, but it did not change the speed of the light download - as expected.
My Camera is connected to the PC via a dedicated USB cable.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Wolfgang

ASCOM cameras give us 2 speed options “Fast” and “Normal”. We request a “normal” (which should be the slow option) for everything except for Frame and Focus triggered frames, in which case you can manually set this value. Other than that we don’t have any additional control over the download speed.

I know for my QHY11 I can set the readout speed in the ASCOM driver itself. I can’t recall if the QHY9 has something similar but it may be worth a look there.

Thank you,
Jared

Thats exactly what I did.
I set the speed in the ASCOM Camera window to slow, which worked flawlessly while downloading the frames set to type “bias”.
When proceeding with frames set to “light”, the timed speed was way faster (12 vs. 22 sec.) than before.

Please understand, that following points come from a layman point of view:
It seems to me, that either there is a difference in the download command between bias-mode-frames and light-mode-frames or the switch from “frame and focus”-speed back to light-frame-speed leaves some hickup behind when switching back to the lower speed mode.

Well … I tried to reproduce the problem again and after a clean de-&reinstall of the newly downloaded drivers (native & ASCOM) the issue seems to be solved, as I can not repruduce this issue any more.
Now I get download times of 22s for biases, 16s for darks & lights.
Strange time difference anyway, but at least not the 12s when normal speed is selected.

I tried this before with no success.
Odd, but hey…

Thanks anyway, Jared.
cs

Sorry for spamming this thread, but I got one last updated information here:
I just recognized, that when switchting binning modes, the low download speed setting will only stay active after closing the ASCOM camera setting window, if 1x1 is selected.
If any binning mode is selected (2x2,3x3 or 4x4), the download speed mode will automatically switch bach to “normal” mode.
I checked this numerous times back and forth and it is okay for me that way, as when switching binning modes in a sequence, the according setting seems to stay active; e.g. 1x1:low -> 2x2:normal -> 1x1:low -> …
In short, you can only choose to go on low mode while using 1x1, binned modes will always use “normal” as the lowest setting.

I hope, this may be helpful for a colleague out there.

cs,
Wolfgang