Random Shut Downs, Roof Not Closing

The last couple of times out, SGP has decided to stop in the middle of a sequence, not park the scope and leave my roof open. It disconnects all my gear and fails to run the end of sequence options. It was working fine for about a year until now and I fear I can no longer trust SGP to do what it is supposed to do. I use a DragonFly for roof control along with an AAG CloudWatcher for safety. Last night’s log is attached.

Scott

@Hondo

SGPro 2 has very poor support for sequences with large numbers of targets. SGPro 3.1 has added support for these types of sequences… Plain and simple, your machine ran out of memory (in the form of window handles). I’m guessing that your previous sequences were smaller in size (number of targets)?

Thanks for the reply Ken. Not sure what windows handles are but yes, I have been adding targets to the sequence. I guess I should limit the targets then.

Follow up: I created a new sequence last night with three targets, one of which was not active. I ran the sequence and SGP performed as expected. I woke up this morning to a closed roof, parked mount, etc. The only surprise was that my sequence aborted due to fog that rolled in overnight. Thanks again for the tip.

1 Like