Recent Issues - Manual Flat Box, Meridian Flip & Rotator

The last two nights been having serious issues: Could be operator issue, not real sure.

1. Manual Flat Box - Message to remove box keeps randomly popping up.
  2. Meridian Flip failures - Never had any issue with flips prior to this.
  3. Rotator failures - First time mosaic so first time needing to rotate

BTW - first time working with Mosaic panels - two panel of the Deer Lick and Stephan’s group.

I thought it would be best to create a Word Document to try to explain the issues. Below is a link to the document:

Also, in case the link within the word document does not work here’s the link to the log files, screen shots etc.

Also - if weather holds I’m planning to do a non-mosaic secession on the Deer Lick Galaxy to see if I get a meridian flip failure or the flat box issue. No need to use the rotator.

Thanks,
Mark

Haven’t had a response to these issues yet so wasn’t sure if Ken and/or Jared had a chance to take a look. I did update the word document, was in a hurry when I first posted the document during my lunch the other day and after I had time to review found several mistakes. I updated the first post with a new link to the updated word document.

No luck with getting out for more testing, Clouds rolled in and haven’t left yet. Hoping for this weekend to give things another try.

Regards,
Mark

I’ll let @Jared adress the flats issues you are seeing.

For the flip… I am not sure why it failed. We waited until your mount reported 1 degree past meridian, asked your mount to flip and received this message:

[11/2/2015 8:17:54 PM] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Pier Flip failed when using side of pier: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Setting the side of pier to East cannot be done because the current position cannot be reached with the mount on that side of the pier

As for the rotator, we have never seen behavior from a rotator, that when asked to move to a position, decides it’s “close enough” and does nothing. SGPro showing that the rotator is at 180.0 is just a rounding error. We may need to add code to compensate for this if this is common behavior…

[11/2/2015 10:05:40 PM] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] ASCOM Rotator: MoveAbsSync Timeout! GetPosition reports 179.99, trying to move to 180.00…
[11/2/2015 10:05:40 PM] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Rotate failed…