Recenter after guide error is too high?

I’m trying to track down the source of a problem I see in guiding/imaging. What happens is that the mount will suddenly move/shift and I have been unable to determine the cause as of yet (see attached). I have observed this happen each of the last 3 times I’ve been imaging, and I think it occurs at roughly the same time. Equipment: Mach1GTO, Lodestar, Moravian G3-16200/FW/OAG, CFF250RC f/6. I should mention that as far as I can tell everything is physically tight and I don’t think the camera itself is shifting. If anyone has any ideas what could be causing this I’m all ears.

What I’m wondering about is if it is possible to recenter the target after an event like this happens? PHD2 locks onto another star and continues guiding, but by now the target has moved off center by a large amount.

I’m aware of the option under the Control Panel/Guide tab to “Restart current frame when guider distance > XXX pixels” but I don’t think that will work in this case, to recenter the target.

Joel and I discussed this in the PHD2 forum, including a likely fix on the PHD2 side Need help tracking down sudden mount moves. I don’t think there’s anything that can be done on the SGP side since the guide error reported to SGP never exceeds the XXX pixels distance and SGP has no way of knowing anything went wrong.

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to update this thread. Problem solved (crossed
fingers!).