Registration help

I HAVE SPENT THE LAST 3 DAYS TRYING TO GET SGP TO ACCEPT MY REGISTRATION INFO THAT I HAVE SINCE MY PURCHASE IN APRIL. I HAD TO PURCHASE A NEW LAPTOP AND NOW THE PROGRAM WONT ACCEPT MY REGISTRATION INFORMATION. PLEASE HELP ------- John

John,
We changed our registration process in 2.2. Please find the info below.

Thanks,
Jared

Hello!

As you may have read on our Yahoo Group we have officially released Sequence Generator Pro v2.2!

One of the more significant changes in 2.2 is our licensing model. This will allow you to manage your machines and your licenses. An unfortunate side effect of the new system is that 2.1 can no longer be licensed, so you will need to move to using 2.2.

First you will need to reset your password.
Use the following link and enter the PayPal email address (should be the same email address as you where you received this email). http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Account/ForgotPassword
You will be emailed a link to create a new password.
Once reset log into the account management page
http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Account/Login
A “Manage” menu will appear on the right. Select “Product Licenses” from the drop down and you should see a license for “Sequence Generator Pro”
Now you need to install Sequence Generator Pro v2.2 which you can download here:
http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Releases

And finally you need to license the machine that you just installed Sequence Generator Pro on:
Launch Sequence Generator Pro v2.2
Click Help >> Register This Machine
Enter your email address and password from above
That’s all!
As before the Sequence Generator Pro license entitles you to use SGP on up to 3 personal machines.

You can now log back into the Main Sequence Software site and you should see your machine listed as registered.

More help with this process can be found here: http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/Management.html

FAQ:
What if I just install 2.2 and use my existing 2.1 license?
A: The 2.2 system does not recognize the 2.1 license. We made significant changes to that it would also work on VMs. As a result if you do not register 2.2 you will end up using a trial version of 2.2 that will expire in 45 days.
Do I need internet access to license a new machine?
A: Yes, you need to have your machine connected to the internet in order to license it.
What happens when I go where there is no internet access?
A: We realize this is a very common for astro photography! A licensed version of Sequence Generator Pro will continue to work when there is no internet access.
I just purchased the Framing and Mosaic Add-On, how do I license it?
A: This will happen automatically as long as your machines are connected to the internet and you used the same paypal account to purchase the Framing and Mosaic Add-On as you used to purchase Sequence Generator Pro (it should be the same email account as you’re receiving this email at). If your PayPal account email address has changed please contact support@mainsequencesoftware.com and we will set things straight.
I just sold/destroyed/lost/formatted one of the machines I used with Sequence Generator Pro, how do I get that license back?
A: Just log into the website and delete that machine. That license is now free to use on another machine.

Thank you and clear skies!

Main Sequence Software
(Ken Pendlebury and Jared Wellman)

www.mainsequencesoftware.com

I’m sorry Jared it has been soo soo soo long since I have had a chance to do anything here in the East. Thus keeping up with everything has been well as you can see I have missed a lot. I apologize it works like a charm as usual. - John

John,
No prob! We get about one of these a month or so. Hopefully having it here on the forum might help others.

Jared

I have purchased SGPro and have successfully registered it on my win 7 laptop. I am unable to register it on my win XP laptop out in the observatory, however – instead getting an error stating something about security protocol. Is this because it is running XP? The non-registered lite version seems to load fine – it’s just the registration screen that appears to be an issue. Thanks.

@willis

We can’t be certain if it’s WindowsXP or something else, but WindowsXP is no longer supported. Support for XP ended in 2014. Also, keep in mind that as of January 14, 2020, SGPro will no longer support Windows 7.

Please see here:

Understood. Hoping the Win 7 computer will continue to work with SGPro – and I decided to upgrade and get a “new” used Dell laptop running Win 10. Thanks for the quick response. I’m excited to use the autofocus routine with various cameras.

Based on past experiences it should (for a while anyhow)… just a notice that after that date, Microsoft makes no promises about Windows 7 continuing to be stable or compatible with the frameworks SGPro requires to run.