If this should happen, then sure, the sequence cannot start and user interaction is needed.
The message I am seeing – and the message shown at the beginning of this thread – reads:
i.e. SGP just asks for an OK to unpark the telescope. I would normally klick OK, SGP would normally unpark and continue. This is not an unconnected equipment issue and, for those of us willing to do so, there should be an option in SGP like “Auto unpark scope at the start of a sequence”.
As I am mostly using SGP as an automation tool, I would even push this a step further and would ask for the option to run a sequence from the command line, like this:
“…\Sequence Generator.exe mySequence.sgf /run /y”
/run would mean:
- connect all the equipment (like the “Tools” – “Connect All Equipment” option)
- reset sequence but preserve progress (like the “Sequence” – “Reset Sequence (Preserve Progress)” option)
- open the roof/activate the dome, if necessary unpark the telescope
- set the filter wheel to the filter selected for centering (there is no corresponding function in the actual version)
- wait for the camera to cool down
- run the sequence
/y would mean:
- answer with an “yes, continue” all questions reasonably asking for a confirmation.
- do not continue and actually bring the system to a safe state (that would be the normal End of Sequence state) if the issue is “There is no water in the pool. Do you really want to jump?” or equivalent.