Retrieving image history data in realtime?

Hi,

I would like to retrieve the data in the image history from a script in pseudo real-time. If I could check the number of stars in the image when the image is downloaded, I can make a cheap cloud detector. Not fool proof, but definitely good enough for my needs.
I found that the data would be in the sequence file, but is that documented somewhere on how to grab the history data from it? Or is there a api to it?

Thanks

Dodi

Dodi,
No API for it, the data may be logged but I’m not 100% sure. The cloud detector may or may not work. Focus will also affect how we count stars.

Thanks,
Jared

Hi Jared,

I found the data in the sg*.txt file. Extremely useful! I could parse the data, exclude the data from autofocus sessions and write a simple cloud monitor in OSX scripting (Unix shell and tools). I am periodically getting over the SGP logfile from my controlling Windows pc in the observatory. Last night I nearly went through the ceiling from the alarm going of. So it does work :)! See the uploaded image,it is a pic of the clouds I made after the alarm went of. I have copied the monitor output data on the foreground of the picture. Surely there are other ways to simply detect clouds, if you use an autoguider, but not as reliable, and I don’t use autoguiding for my images.
750_5938cloudsdetected|800x542