Rosetta Nebula - at last


#1

The sequence started in October but poor weather has meant that there have been about 12 separate attempts to get enough SIIHaOIII + RGB for the stars. Acquired with SGP, PHD2 on a Paramount MX and William Optics star 71. I just love the way that SGP just picks up from where it left off, in this case through many Beta versions too.

Processed in PixInsight over the weekend.


#2

Nice job buzz. Is this a mosaic too?


#3

No, it is full frame on a QSI 683 camera. The SII is quite weak and I might follow one of the PixInsight tutorials which blends the channels for a less dramatic effect.


#4

Loads of cloud about, so I re-processed the image - only this time, I did not entirely eliminate the stars in the NB channels before combining them to form the color image. I processed the luminance (the three channels added together) about the same, using masked stretch at the beginning. I also then changed the way I popped the RGB stars back in. Before I used a star mask and blended with PixelMath. This time, I did a little equation: iif(RGBstar>NBColor, RGBstar, NBColor) - the star pixels only get popped in if their luminance is greater. Much sharper than using a star mask. I also decided to go for more subtle detail rather than cartoon colors.


#5

much better chris.


#6

That’s superb!! I am determined to get beyond the basics of PI this year…


www.mainsequencesoftware.com